Your crown chakra contains your ability to communicate with spirit and to know your own answers.
Also known as the 7th chakra, your crown chakra is the part of you that helps you know yourself, and to know your own truth.
There is a lot of competition for what you know, and for what you get to know. Many people are invested in how and what you know, and whether you are allowed to know. More than a few would prefer that you don’t know certain things.
Knowledge is power, and knowing changes the course of action you take. This includes how you choose to spend your energy, money, and time, who you vote for, and who you believe. What you know and when you know it literally changes the culture and therefore, history.
This is a crown chakra issue.
Knowledge is Power. Knowing yourself is priceless. When you choose to dig deep and know the real you, you will make the choices that work for you. This changes the whole culture.
It’s hard to un-know, once you know.
That state of being unaware or not knowing is called unconsciousness. When you don’t know something yet, you’re unconscious about this thing. You don’t know what you don’t know.
You could be in resistance to knowing what you don’t want to know. Choosing to know the truth about something means you must make changes in your life, and if you’re not ready to do this yet, you’ll choose unconsciousness. Don’t be hard on yourself if you’ve done this, we’ve all been there.
Once you begin to know, you grow. When you start opening up your awareness, it’s possible to know what you couldn’t know before. Like everyone else, you’ve had people in your crown chakra who wanted you to agree to know certain things, to believe what they believed.
Who wants you to believe what?
Throughout your life, you’ve had numerous people programming this part of you. Some of the programming was good for you, as in when your parents told you to look both ways before crossing the street.
Sometimes people gave you programming that they believed was for your own good, such as religious programming. If you don’t agree with something others told you was the absolute truth, you get to look for yourself and know your truth. It’s up to you to decide if any of the programming given to you works for you.
Programming is part of the game we play on earth, programming is in everything you do, say, believe, and how you see yourself and other people. You get to program yourself too, and with consciousness, this can be a life transforming beneficial thing. In order to reprogram with the information you want to have, you have to clear out the old programming that doesn’t work.
Change begins within you and me and everyone else here too. The work you do on you helps create lasting change in the culture and on earth. This revolution happens effortlessly when you choose to work from your own truth, instead of unconsciously following what you were taught since childhood.
I will do my best to not judge you for what you believe.
But I will ask you where you picked up that belief system you hold so tightly to your chest. What did you agree to as being true, and whose truth is it? Did you look? Furthermore, who benefits from ‘everyone’ agreeing that this is the truth we should all look to, and to create our laws accordingly?
Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you suddenly knew that what was being presented to you as absolute truth, wasn’t?
Here are a few famous “truths” in history that people made up because it suited them.
If you were taught that any of this was the real truth, you were programmed to believe it as fact:
- When I was in grammar school, school children in the United States were taught about manifest destiny, which was the name used by European settlers in the U.S. as justification for taking over the entire country and killing any indigenous people who stood in their way. Calling the native people who already lived here ‘savages and heathens’ added to the lie that was told about who had the right to be here. These settlers chose to believe that their version of God granted them the divine right to be here and take this land. In other words, because invaders to this continent chose to believe this, they had no problem slaughtering the millions of indigenous people already living here. We are all worse off for the loss of what these cultures knew and how they lived. This is a crown chakra issue that affects all of us to this day.
- Slavery in America. It was convenient for slave owners to believe that they had the right to steal people from their native land and force them to be their slaves. This lie made a fortune from the unpaid labor of millions of slaves.
- Slavery isn’t gone, by the way, so don’t believe that lie either. In this country, it has transformed itself into the privately owned prison system. Human trafficking is a worldwide problem.
Here’s a few lies taught as truth from my favorite self-imploding institution, the Catholic Church:
- Woman came from the rib of a man, and therefore is lesser than, man.
- Women who are inconvenient, too powerful, or disobedient are witches in league with Satan. When the new cult of Christianity started sweeping Europe in the late 3rd to 10th centuries, the newly minted ‘Christians’ thought it best to wipe out their competition. Women were the healers, the keepers of knowledge about the body, herbs, and medicine, along with information about the earth.
- The Adam and Eve myth was created in order to blame women for humanity’s fall from grace by claiming that Eve disobeyed the word of God when she ate from the Tree of Knowledge. In other words, don’t try to know something you’re not allowed to know. The lies built into this programming run deep into our current day.
The Catholic Church doesn’t teach about the Burning Times and how it purposely set out to destroy the old religions, many of which had women in high positions of power. It is this brutal history that destroyed a large body of information about healing, herbs, and much more. Historians of the Burning Times claim anywhere from 60,000 to 600,000 people were executed for the crime of witchcraft, between the 13th and 17th centuries. Some historians claim higher numbers of people were murdered at this time in the name of the new religion. Watch this powerful documentary to learn more: The Burning Times.
These lies are deeply programmed into our culture, and affect us all greatly to this day. This is a crown chakra issue.
This is why representation matters.
If you don’t see anything in your culture that resembles you as a person of autonomy, strength, and power, you will have a more difficult time creating that reality. History matters; it’s challenging to get the true history, because history is told from the point of view of the ‘winner’. The real history is covered up when truth is inconvenient. This is a crown chakra issue.
In a capitalist system, you will be programmed to see your history according to the agenda set by Capitalism. An economic system like this one benefits from you not knowing who you really are. That doesn’t mean you don’t get to know. You must choose for yourself.
When you know your own self, your truth, you are powerful. A good way to begin is to ask yourself, what don’t you know that you don’t know?